If you are relocating or just looking to move from one state to another, you will want to take your car with you. However, you will not want to drive your car cross-country unless you have extra time on your hands. You will probably want to find a way of transporting your car from one state to another at a good price. The following steps will help to learn how to ship a car to another state cheap.
1) Determine a carrier for your vehicle. There are multiple options to choose from when it comes to picking a carrier. You will need to see which ones will go where you need them. Carriers may be limited by the amount of weight or the size of the vehicles they can transport. Find eligible carriers to ship your car.
2) Look at the cost of transporting the vehicle with the different carriers. Some may offer discounts if you are shipping multiple vehicles. If you are using a moving company, they may be able to provide or recommend someone who can transport the vehicle for you. Often, these companies have relationships with each other, and deals are available if you ask. Make sure to look in and determine if there are hidden costs that are associated with this including insurance fees, one time upfront payments, administration costs or length of trip fees.
3) Use the pricing that they provide to determine what the cost would be to ship your vehicle based on size and weight. There will be different charges if you have a larger vehicle of course as they will base the pricing for your vehicle on a weight basis or through some other determination. Make sure that they are up front in regards to this and you do not get surprised in the end. Compare these costs to find the cheap ones.
4) Negotiate with the companies for a cheap rate for shipping the vehicle. Ask for discounts and deals they may be offering. Most of these companies are flexible enough to work with any budget you may have. Negotiate by showing the most trusted company the lowest quotes you've received. They are likely to drop the price.
5) Set a timetable for when you will be using the transportation service. You will want to be sure that the company will be able to have your car to where you will be when you get there or when you need it. At the same time, be flexible to get the lowest rate possible. This will get you cheap shipping of your car across state lines.