Sunday, December 6, 2009

How to Change Your Address When Moving From Home.

When you move from one place to another, you should know how to change your address so that you don't miss any important mailings. You must notify the U.S. Postal Service that you are moving. Changing your address is very easy and after you do so, all of your mail except magazines will be forwarded to your new home. Learn how to change your address and how to make sure you receive your magazines as well.

1) Obtain a Moving Kit from the post office. The kit has a form that you fill out with your name, current address and your new address. You must fill in the date that you want your mail to start being delivered at the new address. Give this form to your postal carrier. Send out the change of address cards supplied in the kit to your contacts.

2) Or change your address online at the Postal Service website (see Reference). You must give a change date, your name, current address, new address and your email address.

3) Change your address with magazine companies by using the form in the most recent edition that you have received. For the most part, the mail service will not forward magazines unless you pay the extra postage. It is recommended that you change these addresses yourself by contacting the publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment