Tips on Moving:
Two Weeks Before – Arrange for utilities to be disconnected at your current home and reconnected at your new home. Check on any refunds/deposits due back to you.
One Week Before – Remove and dispose of any flammable materials. Your mover is forbidden to transport such items.
The Day Before – Check ahead with your mover regarding the mode of payment they accept and have it ready a head of time. - Clean the microwave, stove, oven, etc. - Take down any drapes or curtains, rods, etc.
- Show the movers your entire inventory and be available to answer any questions they might have.
- Set aside items you want to move yourself and make sure the mover is aware of your plans.
- Make sure your things are inventoried.
- Don't lock the door without checking each room one more time for any overlooked items.
- Give your movers instructions to set the boxes in the rooms that you designated on the box.